Kelly A Skopak, Esq. – Senior Associate
If you are facing a family law or divorce situation in Morris County, you need a knowledgeable and experienced New Jersey Family Law Attorney you can count on. Kelly A Skopak, Esq. has the experience you need to protect the things you care about most. Contact our office today to schedule a free consultation.
New Jersey Divorce Lawyer Kelly A Skopak received her B.A. from Drew University and her J.D. from The John Marshall Law School. Ms. Skopak is admitted to practice law in the state of New Jersey and the state of New York. Upon graduating law school, Ms. Skopak served a judicial clerkship with the Honorable James B. Convery, J.S.C., and the Honorable Cathy L. Wasserman, J.S.C. in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Division, Essex Vicinage, from August of 2009 through August of 2010.
Ms. Skopak is a highly skilled family law practitioner handling all aspects of family law matters including divorce, spousal support, equitable distribution, complex property division (involving business and personal assets), custody and parenting time disputes, parent/child relocation, child support, domestic violence, guardianship, and related matters. Ms. Skopak focuses on assisting clients navigate the financial and emotional intricacies of the divorce process and prides herself on being a capable and compassionate attorney.
Ms. Skopak is a member of the Barry I. Croland Family Law Inn of Court and volunteers her time with the Women’s Legal Clinic of Morris County Community College. Ms. Skopak also serves as Pro Bono counsel for the Women’s Legal Advocacy Project (“BWLAP”), representing victims of domestic abuse.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Equitable Distribution & Division of Assets
- Complex Property Division
- Division of Child Protection and Permanency
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Post Nuptial Agreements
- The John Marshal Law School, Chicago, J.D.
- Dean’s List, 2009
- Drew University, B.A.
- Dean’s List, 2004
- New Jersey, 2009
- New York, 2011
MEMBERSHIP & CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project (BWLAP), Pro Bono Attorney
- Women’s Legal Clinic of Morris County Community College, Volunteer
- Barry I. Croland Family Law Inn of Court, Barrister
- Morris County Early Settlement Program, Panelist
- Somerset County Early Settlement Program, Panelist